I’ve actually done quite a few hikes this summer, though only a few have so far made it into this blog. Why? It takes a lot of time to process and resize the photos with Adobe Photoshop Elements, and also write the text and do all the other things it takes to make a decent blog post.
But I promise I’ll write about most of my summer adventures; many blog posts come this winter when the heavy snows shut me out of the beautiful high mountains I frequent in the warm months.
Here are some of the places I’ve been:
- South Gate Meadows in the Mount Shasta Wilderness
- Heart Lake above Castle Lake near the Castle Crags Wilderness
- The west end of Castle Crags in Castle Crags Wilderness near the Pacific Crest Trail
- Trinity Divide Mountains above the Middle Fork of the Sacramento River
- Deadfall Lakes and Mount Eddy
- Black Butte just north of the town of Mount Shasta
I also do local hikes/walks in Lake Shastina, where I live, and also near Ashland on the Pacific Crest Trail in southern Oregon, where I frequently visit and house-sit for my brother Eric Soares and his wife Nancy.
I’ve been taking lots of pics and will share all this soon. I just want to actually take advantage of the high season and be outside hiking the trails rather than inside writing about hiking the trails.
Mount Shasta from the Pacific Crest Trail in the Trinity Divide Mountains.
(Photo by John Soares)