I loved writing Hike the Parks: Redwood National & State Parks, my new all-color guidebook coming out June 1 from my long-time publisher Mountaineers Books. I lived in Crescent City and rural Del Norte County from 2000-2005, so I know the area very well. I’d done all the hikes before, some a dozen or more times, but of course I hiked them all again — and fell in love with them all over again.
Hike the Parks: Redwood National & State Parks
Available June 1
I have an extensive description of the book here on the website, including a list of all 38 hikes.
Pre-order the book at Indiebound
Pre-order the book at Barnes and Noble
The book includes all the best hikes and outdoor activities in:
- Redwood National Park near Orick
- Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park near Orick
- Del Norte Redwoods State Park south of Crescent City
- Jedediah Smith Redwoods State Park outside Crescent City and just south of the Oregon border
- Patricks Point State Park
- And several other areas
Get all the details on my main page here.