Stephanie and I will spend roughly two weeks hiking and camping in Utah in the Southwest. We plan to focus on southern Utah and environs, roughly in the area that includes:
- San Rafael Swell
- Arches National Park and Canyonlands National Park
- Natural Bridges National Monument
- Capitol Reef National Park
- Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument
- Bryce Canyon National Park
- Zion National Park
- North Rim Grand Canyon
- Kanab, Utah area
We Will Be Day-Hiking
We’re not bringing backpacking equipment, just our day-hiking stuff and camping gear. We are also looking for definite trails, not cross-country routes, although a little cross-country hiking is fine.
We Need Your Hiking Suggestions!
Share your favorite day hikes in this region of the Southwest, up to 10 miles or so in length, no technical climbing. Also include cool spots for open camping or places we shouldn’t miss. Thanks!